CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The story of my camera...


Last week I realized I couldn't find my camera and started looking everywhere I could think of. The last time I lost it it was under a bunch of clothes in the laundry basket, so I made sure to check there, but I couldn't find it anywhere!


I gave up for a while, and then I really needed it for something so I started my search again. I had called mom at least twice to have her look for it at her house, and so I tried again. Finally it dawned on me that I had left it outside at her house, (no wonder she couldn't find it) and it had been sitting in the grass for almost a week. Not in sunny beautiful weather, no, but in snow, hail, rain, and wind!


The chances for survival didn't seem good. The first thing I did was google "camera left in snow and rain" and I came up with several good ideas. Some people had even dropped their fancy cameras into lakes, so I guess I'm not the only one who mistreats my camera! :)


Anyway, after three days sitting by the wood stove at my parents house, my camera is as good as new. Or at least it still works, which I wasn't expecting at all. Rob is happy because we don't "have" to buy a new camera, and I'm happy that I won't be missing all the great opportunities to snap my kids, or whatever else catches my fancy. Win-win.


2 comments:

BruceandBarbara said...

Hi Laura,
I was looking around and found your blog. What a FANTASTIC photographer you are! I am really impressed!
Barbara Cleaver
thecleaverchronicles.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis! Just wanted to tell you we love you!

Chris, Staci & Tatum